Graduate Course Withdrawal and Refund Policies

A student may withdraw from a course without academic penalty within the period stated in the university calendar. Withdrawal forms may be obtained from the registrar's office or online through the e-MU portal. A grade of “W” is given for an approved withdrawal. The date on which the form is received by the registrar is considered the official date of withdrawal. Refund of tuition and grade assignment is based on the date on which the form is received. If a student does not officially withdraw from a class and ceases to attend it, a grade of "F" is awarded.

When a graduate student drops a course or withdraws from a course or the university, official notice must be filed with the registrar. Tuition refunds are based on the date the registrar receives official notice from a student indicating his/her desire to withdraw from a course.